Beer and bacon are two of life's greatest indulgences. When these two meet, they create a match made in heaven. The saltiness of the bacon is perfectly balanced by the bitterness of the beer, making them the perfect pairing for any occasion. In this blog post, we’ll explore how to pair beer and bacon to take your taste buds on a journey they won’t forget.
Choose the Right Beer Choosing the right beer is key to a successful beer and bacon pairing. You want to look for beers that are rich, full-bodied, and have a good amount of carbonation to cut through the fatty, salty flavors of the bacon. Here are a few beer styles that pair well with bacon:
- Brown Ales: These beers have a malty sweetness that pairs well with the smoky, salty flavors of bacon.
- Porters: Porters are dark, rich, and full-bodied, with a roasty, chocolatey flavor that pairs well with bacon.
- IPAs: IPAs have a bitterness that can cut through the fattiness of the bacon, and the citrusy, hoppy flavors can complement the smoky flavors of the bacon.
Consider the Preparation Method The way the bacon is prepared can also influence the beer pairing. If you're grilling bacon, you might want to choose a beer with a higher ABV to stand up to the charred, smoky flavors. If you're making bacon-wrapped appetizers, you might want to choose a beer with a crisp, clean finish to cut through the richness of the bacon.
Experiment with Flavors Once you have your beer and bacon, it's time to start experimenting with flavors. Here are a few flavor combinations to try:
- Brown ale and Old Fashioned maple bacon: The sweetness of the maple syrup in the bacon pairs well with the malty sweetness of the brown ale.
- Porter and Applewood Smoke Bacon: The sweetness of the apples pairs well with the roasty, chocolatey flavors of the porter.
- IPA and Jalapeno Bacon Jerky: The bitterness of the IPA can cut through the spiciness of the jalapeños, while the citrusy hop flavors can complement the smoky flavors of the bacon.
Don't Forget About Temperature, Temperature can also play a role in beer and bacon pairings. Generally, you want to serve your beer and bacon at the same temperature to enhance the flavors. If you're serving your bacon hot, consider serving your beer slightly chilled to balance the flavors. If you're serving your bacon cold, consider serving your beer at room temperature to bring out the flavors.
Now that you know how to pair beer and bacon, it's time to elevate your experience with some delicious bacon products from Manly Man Co.. We offer a variety of bacon-themed products, including a Bacon Bouquet and a Bacon Jerky Gift Set. Our Bacon Jerky Gift Set or individual bags such as: Applewood Smoke Style Bacon, Western Barbecue Bacon, Jalapeno Bacon Jerky, Spicy Sriracha Bacon Jerky, and Maple Cinnamon Bacon Jerky. These are perfect for pairing with your favorite beers, creating a mouthwatering combination that is sure to please your taste buds.
Beer and bacon are a match made in heaven. By choosing the right beer, considering the preparation method, experimenting with flavors, and paying attention to temperature, you can create a delicious and memorable pairing that will have your taste buds singing. And with the wide variety of bacon products available at Manly Man Co., you can create the ultimate meat lover's experience. Visit manlymanco.com to shop our selection of bacon products today and take your beer and bacon pairing to the next level. Cheers!